The United Pro Choice Smokers Rights Newsletter
Issue # 4: 02/26/99
Brought to you by:
Please send your news items to: email@example.com
In this issue:
1. What Price, Intolerance?
2. Lifestyle Police: B-I-N-GO. Go-ing. Go-ing. Gone
3. Study Fails To Link Passive Smoking With Cancer
4. EPA Defends Secondhand Smoke Report
5. Read This Newsletter On a Web Page
6. The Winds of a Tobacco War
7. Clinton, Govs. Clash on Education
8. Alzheimer's Disease Is Associated With Non-Smoking
9. New Law Extends FOIA to Federal Grantees: OMB Revision Open to Public Comment
10. 800 # For Local or State Law Information
1. What Price, Intolerance? Editorial by
Norman E. Kjono
2. Lifestyle Police: B-I-N-GO. Go-ing. Go-ing. Gone. Editorial by
The National Smokers Alliance
3. Study Fails To Link Passive Smoking With Cancer: By Victoria Macdonald, Health Correspondent.
The Electronic Telegraph
4. EPA Defends Secondhand Smoke Report: By H. Josef Hebert / Associated Press.
The Detroit News
5. Read this newsletter on a web page. Please pass it along to friends. Thanks!
6. The Winds of a Tobacco War: By Bryan Robinson, Associate Editor,
Court TV Online. A recent decision by a Florida Appeals Court affects individual cases, but Big Tobacco still faces major battles ahead.
7. Clinton, Govs. Clash on Education: By Terence Hunt, AP White House Correspondent.
8. Alzheimer's Disease Is Associated With Non-Smoking: Bibliography on studies -
The untold evidence and therapeutic effects of smoking.
9. New Law Extends FOIA to Federal Grantees:OMB Revision Open to Public Comment.
Check information for integrity. Those who wish to promote junk science will lobby hard to get this killed.
10. For information about your local or state laws, call the Smokers Rights Action Line at 1-800-333-8683.