The Property Rights Newsletter|
April 15, 2011 - Issue #609
"In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher."
- The Dalai Lama
Well, well. This is a breath of fresh air. And it looks like the WHO picked a suitable audience for this message. The warning came last month at a meeting on smoking prevention in Madrid that was hosted by the National Committee to Prevent Smoking, which represents most Spanish anti-tobacco organisations, and which was sponsored by Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, and McNeil—all of which make treatments to help smoking cessation.
It is good that the WHO is at least acknowledging this conflict of interest. Can we now expect the likes of ASH, the Roy Castle Lung Foundation and John Banbanbanzhaf—who are so quick to dismiss anything which has the slightest whiff of tobacco industry funding—to turn their back on pharmaceutical industry funding?
That was a rhetorical question, by the way.
READ MORE ARTICLES about the World Health Organization:
- The social engineering agenda of the World Health Organization should be exposed...
- The World Health Organization is one of the more overtly Nanny Statist, alarmist groups in the public health debate. Yet because the group is part of the UN...
- The World Health Organization (WHO), already campaigning against obesity and smoking, launched a probe on Wednesday into alcohol, which is estimated to kill 1.8 million people each year...
- The Ten Biggest Lies about Smoke & Smoking... (And 353 more pages, with many articles on each one.)
READ MORE ARTICLES about Big Pharmaceutical:
- Big Pharmaceutical: Ethics Violations...
- Is James Repace a stooge for big Tobacco? Don't be absurd Repace is not a stooge for Big Tobacco... but he has been funded by RWJF making him a stooge of big pharmaceutical.
- Drug Company Plans. Mumbai: Drug companies smell a long-term opportunity in the several anti-tobacco initiatives getting enforced in the country. And that in turn is fuelling their plans for the tobacco cessation segment, involving therapies to get smokers to kick the habit.
- Chantix / Champix update... Top Ten Legal Drugs Linked to Violence. (And 664 more pages, with many articles on each one.)
Antis: What to expect. So do something about it. Highly paid people quit when they are not being paid. Cut off ALL funding to the Antis at your local and state level. Do not donate money to groups that fund Antis. Make Big Pharm support them alone so when the Antis realize there is money to be made off Big Pharm in court, it'll be too late, and they will eat their own masters.
Big Pharmaceutical: A long time ago people either smoked or they didn't. It was no big deal because it wasn't an issue. The people of earth got along fine knowing they had freedom of choice without even knowing they had it.
Then some really smart guys in white coats that work for Big Pharmaceutical got together and said, "Hey, we are always getting slammed when one of our drugs takes a dirt nap." "Wouldn't it be great if everyone in the world had to buy their nicotine from us?!" "Think of the money we could make... wow!"
Unfortunately there wasn't anyone around with two working brain cells to slap them on the knuckles and tell them to go home and thank God they are free citizens.
So it came to pass that Big Pharmaceutical paid groups, now known as "Antis" to make smoking politically incorrect. Antis are very rich people today. (But this backfired on Big Pharmaceutical when they created this monster because as the tobacco money is running out, the Antis are going after other things, like your waistline.)
Watch the video:
"Life Sucks, Then You Rot In A Box"
with your counselor and friend, Brother Dave Crowley